Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 2

Today I woke up at 6:30am....doh! We had brunch at 10am - sandwiches with salami and cheese, scrambled eggs, sausages, and of course... coffeeeeeee!

After that we had orientation. The staff and TA's introduced themselves. Then we had the campus tour, library introduction, and IT introduction. Here is the main lecture hall with the majority of the students pictured.

For dinner I went to the city center with 6 other new friends. We ate at a Greek restaurant! Who knew they'd have Greek food in Graz?! I had souvlaki with tzatziki and pita bread...yum!

So far the most impressive thing is definitely the variety of cultures. In the first picture below, we are learning sign language for "speak slower" and "speak louder" which are cues we are allowed to give to the speakers at any time. Under that picture is me with my roommate Daniella from Naples, Italy! We are standing in front of the flags of the ISU participants. There are 30 countries represented.


The highlight of my day was doing video chat with my hubby! First time we've heard each other's voices since I left on Friday. Unfortunately because of the time-zones we can only do this on the weekends.

Sleepy time...


No comments: