Wednesday, September 3, 2014

27 Weeks

Total weight gain: 20 lbs 
I can still: Paint my toenails (amazing, but true)
Maternity clothes: Going to have to start borrowing Mitch's gym clothes because mine are too small.
Stretch marks: Still none
Sleep: Still waking up a couple times per night
Best moments this week: 
  1. Getting the crib and dresser! Pics below. 
  2. Free swing and baby carrier from my boss! 
  3. Lamaze class! We are taking the 4-week class every Tuesday this month. Walking inside the hospital was a really special moment. I was thinking, "wow, I'm really here, taking this class, with my sweetie." It's just something I always imagined doing someday, and now that day is here. The instructor is really fun. She is an RN and a mom of 2 girls. There were 10 couples in the class. We're all about the same age. Three of the others work for NASA as well! Three of us have the same doctor. For introductions, the spouses had to give all the stats about their wives (how many weeks, doctor's name, etc) so that was cute. Then the moms had to say how they told their husbands the news and what their main concern was. No one did anything creative to tell their hubbies, so I felt better. And almost everyone's main concern was c-section. It's comforting and reassuring to know that we're a normal couple. After the very informative class, the instructor talked about massage techniques and breathing. Then she turned out the lights and played Enya while our hubbies gave us a 20 min massage. It was so nice! I almost fell asleep. So Tuesday is now my favorite night of the week and I wish I would have signed up for 6 classes instead of just 4.
Miss Anything? Nope
Movement: Bigger, stronger
Food cravings: Nothing in particular
Symptoms: It sure is nice having a little fan at work because I'm always hot.
Belly Button in or out? So that's what the inside of my belly button looks like...
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Visiting the two daycare options tomorrow with Mitch
Best advice I got this week: Coworker told me the only piece of advice he got that turned out to be good advice was if your baby is uncontrollably crying (too hungry to sleep and too tired to eat) turn on the vacuum and let it run. He said that it worked both times that happened. Baby was distracted enough by the noise to start eating and then go to sleep.



No comments: