Tuesday, August 19, 2008

NASA Motorcycle Gang!

Three of my friends have recently purchased sport bikes. One has a blue Kawasaki ZX-6R, another has a yellow BMW K1200R, and the third has a black Yamaha R6! Sweet bikes if you ask me!

I finally got to see all 3 together at church on Sunday! My friends and I walked the NASA Motorcycle Gang out to their bikes after the service ended. They all mounted and zipped out of the parking lot. It was exciting to see them all together for the first time! Later that afternoon, a bunch of friends got together for home-made fajitas. Since it was such a gorgeous day, all three bikers ended up riding over there. I rode over on the BMW! Lunch was delicious, but the party ended abruptly when we noticed thick, black rainclouds overhead! The bikers needed to get out of there quickly... back to Clear Lake! The storm had caught everyone by surprise.

Oh, what a thrill! Yamaha in front, Kawasaki behind, and I was on the BMW - bringing up the rear! Our 4-wheeled friends were all standing in the drive-way as we screamed down the street. For one glorious minute, we were all together, riding fast and free. I have always wanted to be in a biker gang!

... Suddenly, the dream ended when the first two bikes took a different turn getting out of the subdivision... argh!

I kept looking over my shoulder for them as I sped off on the BMW, but it looked like they weren't going to catch up. With sadness, I accepted that the group ride was over and decided to just enjoy the rest of the ride.

There's nothing like riding a motorcycle! We rode on the NASA Parkway for the first time. The black clouds were behind us, bright sky up ahead. Looking up, I saw a large hole in the clouds ... it seemed to be teasing me. I
just wanted to fly right through it. The air was cool and crisp as the storm was blowing through. We made a fast, tight turn on Middlebrook and then went back to my house. Whew! What a ride!

Hopefully someday soon we can get the three bikers back together (with me on the back of one, of course). I'd love to go for an extended ride with the gang. Maybe we'll go to Austin some time!

1 comment:

Marlis said...

Get your own back. It is more fun then riding on the back.