Friday, July 25, 2008

Weekend plans

I love weekends... but why are they so short? I don't get time during the week to have as much fun as I'd like, so I try to cram it all in on Friday, Saturday, Sunday! However, that usually leaves me pretty depressed on Sunday evenings because I know five long, hard days lie ahead of me before the fun ones come around again. Weekends leave me exhausted too. C'est la vie... until I think of a better plan, I'm going to keep packing my weekends full of fun... if I plan to sit around at home all weekend and "relax" I know I won't look forward to my weekends.

Anyway, this weekend will be fun! Tonight I'm leaving work at 4:30 to go to dinner at Red Robin and the BATMAN at the IMAX!!! I'm so excited! I've heard such good things about that movie (besides that it's dark and violent). I'll have to do an addendum to this post later and take a stab at being a film critic!

Saturday and Sunday I'll be helping out with the International Finals of the Space Settlement Design Competition, here in Houston, TX! http://spaceset.org/

Anita Gale has been running these programs for a LONG time.... There really isn't a more realistic industry experience for high schoolers out there... at least according to Anita. I've been helping Anita this week in preparation for the Finals. We've been making copies of the info for the students and pulling everything together. Anita still hasn't written the RFP (request for proposal)... she plans to do that tomorrow. It seems like there is a crazy amount of prep work that goes into these competitions. I didn't realize that last year - I only helped out for a few hours as a Technical Expert for the kids working in the Structures group. It was really fun so I decided to play a bigger support role this year. I'll be a Tech Expert again but I will also help with the pre-judging on Sunday. Pretty excited!

So that's the forecast...we'll see how everything turns out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let me know how the IMAX experience is! I saw the "first" one in IMAX...AWESOME!