Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Off to a great start!




Well, I'm finally back in the groove! Monday night Bible study was lots of fun - played "nertz" and had pizza/brownies - we'll start our study next week. Tonight was my church's mid-week service - "the Gathering" - soooo good! Yancey talked about not letting our freedoms in Christ be stumbling blocks for others. Instead of stumbling block meaning "offensive" as it often does, he was saying that it means something that causes someone to go back to worshiping something other than Christ. So I definitely took a lot home with me tonight! I've been learning about finding satisfaction and peace in Christ in my Beth Moore Bible study called "Living Free." Providentially, it coincides with the struggles I've been going through - I LOVE when that happens! My morning devotional "Experiencing God" has also been lining up with my life. It's been about finding God's will through prayer and revelation - not just going off and doing whatever you want to do and then asking God to bless it. I also started a prayer journal. Every year, it seems I start gung-ho with new Bible studies and prayer journals and all that - but hopefully this year will be different! A resolution is not just a "well, I'll try this and I know I'll fail, but it's worth a try" statement - it's a firm, unwavering commitment. So if we're going to make resolutions, we need to be "resolute" about them! Good luck with yours!

Enjoy the picture! It's from City Museum in St. Louis, MO with my sister and my nephews. We took them there over Christmas break. Lots of fun!

No comments: