Sunday, January 6, 2008

Fresh Start 2008



Guess it's time for a new blog! I was looking at blogs linked in Facebook and realized I hadn't posted to my blog in a year. The old blog represents for me a chapter in my life that has closed, and a new one has begun. So I thought it was appropriate to start a new blog and I'm hoping that I'll use it more and that it will get more interest. ;) The old one is http://www.thisphotograph.blogspot.com/

There are some photographs on there that I like but don't expect too much. ;)

This photograph was actually taken in April 2007 on my back patio. I love my apartment and my patio. I have 2 hibiscus, 1 hydrangea, a desert rose, and a cactus. I had started an herb garden before Christmas, but I'll have to start over in the spring because the weather was really rough on them.

2007 was a roller coaster year, but overall very positive. One relationship ended and another has begun. I started cycling and I also got my basic SCUBA certification. I learned to tango dance. I saw several ballets with my season subscription and several symphonies. I finished my Renaissance Festival Dress with Liz and went to the Festival twice in November. I went to two back-to-back weddings in June - one in St. Louis, the other in Oklahoma. I went to Phoenix in January. I went to California on my first business trip. Work has been fun - we have a new manager who was promoted from within the team. In June, I went to Kennedy Space Center to see the shuttle launch - it was a fantastic trip! My mom and sister both visited in March on separate occasions and then mom/dad/Amy all came down in August for a trip to San Antonio. I was able to go home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Spent a lot of time with Keith's boys (my nephews). I feel so distant from my family at times. Too bad NASA is not in St. Louis. But it's difficult because I do love Houston as well. Both cities definitely have their good points.

2008 looks to be a very promising year. I am considering whether to start a Master's program. I have several trips planned - I'd like to go to Seattle, Colorado, Ukraine (mission trip with my church), Cozumel for SCUBA diving, Florida to visit my old friends, St. Louis for holidays, and I'd like to explore Austin this year since I've never been. I have 4 more ballets to see this year and I'll probably subscribe to next season too. Houston Ballet Rocks! Other than that, who knows what the year will bring?

No comments: